The 2020 edition of MIPTV, due to take place March 30-April 2 in Cannes, has been cancelled this year due to coronavirus concerns. MIPDoc and MIPFormats, programmed for March 28-29, have also been cancelled.
The third edition of Canneseries, set to run parallel to MIPTV, has been postponed to October 9-14, alongside MIPCOM.
MIPTV organisers Reed MIDEM said last week they had been hopeful of going ahead on the original dates, but a spate of new infections in France, and the recent ban on gatherings of more than 5,000 people, appears to have forced their hand.
In a statement, Reed MIDEM chief executive Paul Zilk said, ”In the current context, many of our clients have expressed concerns about travelling at this time. Rescheduling MIPTV in the coming months is not feasible, so the most appropriate course of action is to cancel MIPTV for 2020.”
“The well-being of our clients, partners and staff is our priority. We are…